Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Still like that old-time neo-soul

So nobody sent me the memo that Haruki Murakami is the most popular writer in the world amongst hip twentysomethings. At this point, not having read him is like still having a cathode-ray television. Apparently, you get kicked off of Goodreads if you haven't read at least 2 of his books, and faked a review of one or more of his short story collections that you never quite finished, by Feb 17, 2009.

He's older than my Dad, and I didn't know. Proving once again that the Internet is smarter than college. How am I supposed to be a twentysomething now?

Anyway, I guess I could "read more," or something, but that's kind of neither here nor there. because it's back in my brain!!!!!! oh, cuteoverload.com, when do you STOP?!

1 comment:

-Peter- said...

i just wasted about 45 minutes on cuteoverload.com - i think i feel like how an lonely old lady might feel.

curse ye, plague ye, etc.